Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Sounds good to me

The sound of greatness can be heard all around. You know what you like and like what you know. Never doubt your tastes. Everyone is energized by something different all the time. We all have different tastes I mean there are hardcore polka lovers in this world. Polka for goodness sake. That's fine and dandy and I say more power to them. I on the other hand loves me some classic rock, punk rock, and/or hip-hop. Oh and most things comedy get me going and smiling on the regular.


Modern music is the greatest gift the mysterious alien race who secretly controls us bestowed upon us, after fire and of course political humor(and by political humor I mean politics in general cuz 90% of the time it's all a big you've got to be kidding me moment). So yes bring on the bands, the choirs, the ensembles, the rhythm sections and everything else in between.
Now let's get to the real, everyone has a band group or an artist they are ashamed of loving and/or enjoying. Different artists strike different chords during different points in our lives. Some are amazingly bad, amazingly talentless or maybe they are just amazingly ill timed. Whatever the reason you hide your love from the masses as not to open yourself up for the forthcoming ridicule. I have no shame to my game, I've rocked ICP proudly for over a decade now while not a single friend of mine has truly understood the love.


Sadly though they are misunderstood they are far from my musical shame. I'm talking groups like Junior Senior whose album I to this day have no idea why I purchased it but at the time I was all about shaking my coconuts until the nut falls out. Or the super popularity of being BLUE da bo de da bo di. Of course like many others of my graduating class (go 1999 last of the millennium baby!) I was suckered in by Fred Durst and is band of loud ass sellouts better known as Limp Bizkit. Don't care who you are if you are in and around my age group you found yourself Rollin' Rollin' BreakN Stuff or N 2Gether now. Goes to show you one mans embarrassing garbage is another man's platinum album.
- a look inside the mind of D -

No comments: