Thursday, February 3, 2011

Birthday Party Memories





Have not always had the best of tluck when it comes to celebrating my birthday. Figured while I'm doing all this reminiscing leading into 30 might as well do a quick run down of the good times and the utterly bad.
18: my first attempt at partying with friends. Since I am ME I assumed if I like all these people then naturally they would like each other. BIG tragic mistake, I only had eight people at my place and of the eight only 3 liked each other. I blame myself for thinking people from my high school knew how to act haha. So the night ended with me vowing never to assume that everyone will learn to love everyone no matter how hard I try.
20: hands down my best party. Ton of college friends taking over a North Beach Italian joint. Pretending to be celebrating twenty-two (a little foreshadowing for you they should be happy this bday was nothing like my 22nd ended up being). Drinks for everyone good food awesome time and a moment simply known as "the Toast". (one of the best Josh moments of all time. (right up there with "I'm flying WEEE!"
21: let's put it simply. Broke college kids, Denny's for dinner, and no booze available. This was an unprecedented disaster ythat I will always look fondly upon.
22: I can sum up this party quite simply. Birthday BLACKOUT. Let's just say never start a night with tequila shots and beers then graduate to car bombs at the local bar. I think it was a good night. Now my unanimously bad moment involved me attempting to get my friend some action like a good wingman should. Problem is a good wingman should never spend as much time making friends around the bar as I was. When that happens you come up with classic lines like "you're blonde he's blonde, you two should get together!". Like really what the hell was that.
23: FROHAWK the final SF Bday blast. This is another birthday that would be in the books as blackout if it weren't for all the photos to help me remember. SO MANY PHOTOS, and let's just say ME + FROHAWK = Ridiculous Disaster.
24: the first and last attempt at Vegas birthday fun. It was a win/lose situation. Win - spending time with Tiffany my only REAL Vegas pal (no offense she pre dates you special friend Missy) Lose - falling for the game of a traveling juggalette. She goes from town to town living off the Psychopathic (ICP) family members just so she can see this fine country with as little spent as possible.
29: spent time recapturing my Contra Costa love. Wifey and I had a good hotel time in the Walnut Creek Pleasant Hill Concord Tri-city area. Good times ensued

Now I am at the threshold of my 30th and I have high hopes for the celebration to come. Thunder Valley for some boozing, some gambling and some relaxing sounds to me like a perfect way to welcome myself to my 3rd decade of life. No matter the turn out. Whether I see friends or it simply ends up the wife and I all alone I know I am in store for a good time. So cheers to the 13th of this month and let's hope I grow wiser day by day so I can make sure I've got my life heading in the perfect way. HAPPY BIRTHDAY 2 ME.



- a look inside the mind of D -

No comments: