Thursday, July 7, 2011

Rep your Set

Had a thought today. So many people throw out the term Ghetto far to easily. I was wracking my brain as to why this is & I've come to the simple conclusion... People just don't understand the levels of Low Class Living like we used to.
Think about  it, the people so quick to call anything a little jacked up Ghetto.  What ever happened to just being hood. That's right Hood remember that? What about those  fools hustling to be hood-rich? Ghettos are crowded, dangerous & damn near unliveable. Hoods are liveable & for the most part a damn entertaining experience. I mean come on hood thugs are laughable in comparison to project peeps or ghetto gangstas.
Ghettos are full of people who were unable to escape creating more people who also may never escape without extraordinary athletic talent; amazing ability to express their pain through media, the arts, song, or a helping hand from Oprah!
Hood life on the other hand can be escaped. There are opportunities for those living hood life, but of course the wrong turn can & will lead to the heart of the ghetto! Hoods are  suburbs on the down slide while ghettos are hoods that took a nose dive.
Of course as a man who has always lived ghetto adjacent  what do I know really? I was adopted into a good life for which I have been blessed. Though it sucks I don't have any memory of my first 3 months of life every part of my being tells me my early Oakland life was probably ghettotastic & my adopted Hayward hood life was a definite blessing.
So in closing there is more to life then rich , middle class and ghetto. There are many shades of life that go unaccounted for. Hood, Trailer, Pimpish, Billionaire, and so on and so on.

No comments: