Wednesday, July 8, 2009

LA, LBC, HB, the OC all this fun is infront of me

There is no question I am a NorCal boy through and through. Ive spent my whole life shuffling between the bay area and central valley. Ive lived in San Francisco, Oakland, Antioch, Stockton & Hayward. I've Worked in Concord, San Mateo, San Rafael, Pinole & El Sobrante. I've been shuffled off to see family in Modesto, Fresno, Hanford & Sacramento. Needless to say I live and die NorCAl, but that was until I ventured off to Las Vegas, NV and married a SoCal girl. Now I am happy to say I'm good with just being a CALIFORNIA. No more North vs South no more HELLA vs THE (followed by a freeway) No I'm proud to say I now see AMERICA as CALIFORNIA and the West vs all points east. Is that wrong? Well anyway as I write this I am preparing for my wife and I's trip to her beloved Southern California. It will be our first trip there without it being about a holiday or a special event. We are going just to go and I feel that is what will make it fun.

I am so excited to be heading down to LA; so we can see our friends and families. In our trips prior I was never able to catch up with my So Cal bound friends, and Nicole was never able to spend quality time with hers. I feel all our former trips were simply about her reconnecting and me getting to know her family. This time I want to have fun with Friends or at least adventure out and have fun together. No home bound time, we will have little choice but to be out and about be it with friends family or all alone. This is the time to "Basque in the ESSENCE of SoCal GLORY!" - Niktovis Butlerari aka Nikki's crazy ass. All I know is NorCal has been my fun past but its time for me to prepare for my SO CAL future. I know it won't be at all bad with all the friends and family I have living in the area, but I know there is much I need to prepare for. One thing is for sure next time I make this trip we are FLYING there. An Hour flight is much better then a 6 or 7 hour car ride. See America my ass; I'd be much happier to be soaring through a cloud then roaring down Interstate 5.

No comments: