Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Korea does it again

I love foreign film. I adore zombie and vampire movies. While surfing around hulu I came across the best trailer I have seen this year. Its a movie telling a vampire story the way I like it. Sex, Violence and RELIGION; those are the best ingredients for any Vampire gorefest and the movie THIRST out of Korea has all that and then some. I personally can't wait for my chance to see this movie. Hell even if it turns out to be a horrible horrible horror movie it will still be entertaining seeing as there is no such thing as a HORRIBLE horror movie. They are ALL bad it just comes down to the level of horrific violence they contain. I know many out there may disagree, but in my experience all Horror movies are good for what they are suppose to be. Most times someone speaks of an absolutely wretched Horror movie I have found that movie to be an attempted Thriller and a bad THRILL does not a horror movie make. No my friends all horror movies no matter how low the budget are doing what they are suppose to do. Bad acting Bad storyline No real direction that's FINE in the realm of horror as long as with those negatives comes a ton of blood and maybe a laugh or two. On the other hand Thrillers can be bad simply for the fact they are trying to either keep you in suspense or make you jump when they tell you to jump. There is too much direction in the Thriller Genre. Horror is about the freedom they don't tell you when to scream they give you enough blood guts and gore so YOU can make that decision for yourself. You may not be freaked out initially, but after 1.5 or 2 hours of gross out factor you will feel like you are finally getting what you paid for. Well anyway I love horror for the sake of you get what you pay for. You may not get a story or even a thrill but you will get to see what a person's insides look like and what more can you ask from any low budget crapfest?


No comments: