Thursday, July 16, 2009

Back home but the memories REMAIN


Had a great time getting to know my future home. The sun the surf the freeways the people all the good and even some of the bad I experience just helped me see why my Wife is so wrapped up in the place she continues to call home. I had plenty of time to take in all the sights, now it was hardly my first trip to Southern Cali not even close; but it was the first time I truly looked at the place with an open mind. I still hate the damn freeways don't get me wrong I'll take San Francisco freeways anyday over the craziness that is LA drivers. Bad driving and road rage aside it was such a fun adventure running around the various coastal communities. We spent a large amount of time in my Nikki's beloved Huntington Beach which was a beautiful community though crazy crowded. I had fun looking at the sand the surf and all the sick people crowding Main Street like they'd never seen shops before. I did find myself daydreaming of wealth and riches for the opportunity to live along the Southern California coastline just for the simple beauty of it. Only thing that stands out to me about it though is I have a distinct feeling to truly take advantage of some of the Locales we were looking into I'd have to take up surfing in order to truly feel like I belong. I don't know if I'm meant to surf, but I'm pretty sure my ass will never be able to balance on a little board atop a wave. Yeah surfing doesn't look like its in the cards for me, but I do feel that it would be a necessary evil in order to truly blend with my Environment.

No comments: