Saturday, September 10, 2011

it begins..the year as I see it

Week 1 has begun.





Sunday is upon us and the 2011 season has begun. We all endured a lockout and this season being up in the air. All that is the past the season has begun the first game was a wild one too bad the Saints were unable to run (last play of the game on the 1 yard line. Your team is a passing team, but instead of doing what you do best a run straight up the middle is called. Of course it failed it was doomed from the beginning). Now my attention turns to my beloved Eagles as overhyped as they may be. The Rams aren't much of a challenge, but anything can happen in the NFL.
Eagles have the eyes of the world on them thanks to a crazy productive shortened offseason. Well the season is on and my team better be as well. Only time will tell, but I can't wait to find out for sure. So cheers to a good season and I certainly hope a successful Eagles' campaign.
Now for the fun...
The year as seen by D!
NFC addition






NFC NORTH:
Vikings- though I Love Mcnabb this is the beginning of the ugly Viking end, honestly last year was but the woes will continue. I say now they will be last in the NFC North.

Bears- not sure on this one. It's not a bad team, but don't see them dominating as much as they used to. I'm guessing 8-8 plus or minus one game.

Lions- lots of big talk surrounding this team, but it's a little hard to digest. To get the Lions back to playoff form will take not just putting a good team on the field, but it will also take changing the entire culture of losing the team has established for so long. That being said this will be their year to do so. Think it's impossible? Well tell that to the Sean Payton era Saints!

Packers- yes they are the defending champs and it helps they won the opening game of the season, but let's be real. It's incredibly hard for a champ to repeat and though they won it was an ugly game with no defense shown which could have been easily won by the the Saints had they called the right play at the end. I'm saying 2nd in the division under the Lions.

NFC SOUTH:
Buccaneers- like the team and they are really good, but sadly they are in one tight division where it can be anyone's to win. Don't know but don't think this will be the year 2nd in the division and two games outside of the playoffs

Panthers- ok know how I said it's anyone's division to win? Yeah, I wasn't speaking of this crew of ragamuffins. Cam's first season will be a success but sadly rookie QBs get you last in this division.

Falcons- it's theirs to lose in my eyes. Yes the Bucs and Saints are both good but the Falcons will rule the south this season.

Saints- the first game showed me one thing. They will put up some amazing offensive stats this year, but the defense will lead them straight to third in the division.

NFC EAST:
Eagles- I've said it all in my above post. Not only will they take the division they will be in the fight to take the conference in the end.

Giants- one manning down leaves all eyes on little bro. Yes he has a ring but the spotlight burns.. Third in the east.

Redskins- why are they even bothering. Yes I may be bias as I'm a McNabb guy through and through, but Shanahan & son are going to run an already bad team even lower. What is this Major League? Are the redskins going to be headed LA way if they keep producing crap seasons?

Cowboys- I hate them I HATE them I HATE THEM!!! That being said last year was a fluke and this year they will return to the playoffs once again and a solid 2nd n the division.

NFC WEST:
Rams, Seahawks, Cardinals- this division doesn't matter, but this should be the year that anyone can return to the promised land especially since 7-9 can take the division. I'm seeing a three way tie for crapiness here so it's really a coin toss. Maybe all the promise of Kolb greatness may give the Cards the edge, but as I was never a follower of the Kolb I'm kind of doubting that.

49ers- they aren't even going to try this year. Harbaugh wants his college star and if you honestly think they planned on winning this year explain More ALEX SMITH. I mean really, haven't we all abandoned that ship yet?




- a look inside the mind of D -

No comments: