Thursday, August 18, 2011

Still going strong

20+ years and still going strong.


Been watching weekly, reading behind the scenes stories and each day is as strong as the last. It has been a lifelong passion a love for sports entertainment, and I refuse to be ashamed. Ok maybe a little, but hey what can I say, I just love the product. I remember the golden era of WWF wrestling. I remember being a little Hulk-a-maniac then a little warrior and finally a follower of King Macho Man. I remember the day I learned it was fake (went to a live show at the Oakland coliseum and saw Ravishing Rick Rude succumb to the punches of Jake the Snake though I could clearly see none had ever landed). I remember the days when the story lines where thought out, the company took time to establish stars and nothing was to big to attempt to pull off. Now the eighties product was corny, but the Nineties was the Golden Era and it simply broke down to one fact, Competition breeds excellence.
That being said the deaths of ECW and WCW, hell even the sorry product that was JCW, have in turned paved the way to the demise of the WWE. Right now the only hope for pro wrestlings future falls to the final two factions, the WWE and TNA, to right their ships and bring a better product to American television then they have thus far. Same stars across two different companies doing the same story lines has lost the interest of the average fan. Frankly I'm not an average fan so I shall endure, but it's sad to see so many of my comrades falling off. However sad it seems watching the fan base diminish I can honestly say I am not the least surprised.


Long gone are the glory days for the WWE, but there are gins that maybe just maybe a change is going to come. A new storyline involving new people in charge and new changes necessary changes are being alluded to. The return of the tag team, a hopeful reemergence of skilled Female wrestlers, and the opportunity for the old school to finally give way to the next generation wrestlers. Maybe just Maybe Cena will stop being the all or nothing superstar for the company. Maybe just maybe the people running the show can and will recognize there is some serious underused talents cluttering the locker room just dying to put on a great show. Love it or hate it that's what it's all about, all the blood sweat and tears just to put on the best damn show possible. All the haters who care about the fact it's scripted can just drop it, a show is a show is a show and that's all there is to it.
- a look inside the mind of D -

No comments: