Wednesday, June 9, 2010

It may not be an end but its a sad NEW beginning

As my twenties come to a close I have decided to put into words the things I will be missing once I leave this land of the 20s and head off into the void that is called being 30. Don't get me wrong I'm definitely looking forward to being a 30 something I mean that was a BIG show um in the 90s HA. No I'm heading into 30 with my head held high, but that doesn't mean I don't realize there are some things about being 20 that you can ONLY truly due while being 20. Good times that can never be repeated once the 3 - 0 hits.
All this being said I have 7 1/2 months left of my 20s and I want to take this time to look back while I still move forward. So be prepared to see a bunch of these post speaking of things that are purely something 20 year olds can/have/continue to do. I know there are tons of things I have done the past 9 years that if I even attempt to repeat after I hit thirty everyone will be checking me in to the funny farm ( yes I said funny farm I mean we used to have them. Where are we suppose to check our crazy relatives into now I mean besides rehab?)
So as I try to type this I keep getting distracted by all these other responsibilities I now have. So there are already signs my 20s have prematurely come to an end. Sad to say they probably ended a couple of years ago, but not really. If i were a parent I'm sure they would have ended a long time ago thankfully though I'm still without child as becoming a Father would really put a damper on the last days of my 20s as Adulthood & Fatherhood go hand and hand. So that being said the first thing that I want to speak about that can only freely be done in your twenties is this: Being UN-attached.
Now that's not something strictly saved for 20 year olds, but you must admit its most acceptable from 20 somethings. In your 30s it becomes a quest to find someone in your 40s you are expected to be in the full swing of Family so if you make it to 50 still unattached either something must be wrong with your or you've been locked up somewhere. 20 is the time of freedom and discovery. You test the waters plays the field and enjoy your youth.

No comments: