Friday, August 22, 2008

countdown is on

Right now we are looking at a mere 6 hours or so until my first of 2 fantasy drafts for the fast approaching football season. I can't wait. Last year I had a poor showing for my longtime league with friends, but i did relatively well in my Yahoo league. This year i intend to take them both. I already know my biggest drawback is my dependency on Donovan McNabb, but I recognize this year he is coming into Philly healthy, happy and with a chip on his shoulder. He has to prove to all the people looking for him to be traded to the Bears that though he grew up in Chicago Philly deserves to be his permanent home. So fingers are crossed i get the guys i plan on grabbing up. I know for sure some of my picks will shake things up this year, but there is no doubt in my mind that this year is my year for that 1st place spot.

I'll update this after the draft along with the complete list of the awesome team I'm sure I'll have assembled

UPDATE:
so here is the team i was able to assemble once everything was said and done

QB
Donovan McNabb - Eagles
David Garrad - Jaguars
JaMarcus Russel - Raiders
RB
Reggie Bush - Saints
Rudi Johnson - Bengals
Kevin Jones - Bears
DeShaun Foster - 49ers
WR
Torry Holt - Rams
Javon Walker - Raiders
Ted Ginn Jr - Dolphins
Donte Stallworth - Browns
Sidney Rice - Vikings
Devin Thomas (r) - Redskins
TE
Heath Miller - Steelers
PK
Mason Crosby - Packers
DEF
New York JETS

It'll be interesting to see how this year plays out in this league all I know is it won't be boring thats for sure.




1 comment:

crashnjive said...

Glad you dig your team. I look forward to beating it.