Saturday, October 1, 2011

What's old is new again

Love me some rock music. Fortunately two of my favorite bands released new albums this year.


Yes that right I ran out and bought Blink today and I must say I'm happy I did. Finally my truck is filled with sounds other then Foo Fighters or Eminem. I buy music rarely, but when I do invest I believe I make solid decisions as what would be worth listening to. What makes me sad is my change of taste these days.


Blink isn't the only former favorite to release new material, but my former faves brought forth material that, though honest to their original sound, I just didn't feel myself getting into. This being the fact has made me question has my taste completely changed with age. I used to live and die musically based on a handful of artists: Staind, ICP, Eminem, and a collage of works from the Offspring, Green Day, Chili Peppers, and Foo. Now looking at my traveling CDs (yes I said CDs! I refuse to fold to Steve Jobs and his world dominating devices of control! Written on my iPad) I only bring along things done by Foo Fighters, Eminem and now Blink. Staind and AFI formerly my favorite artists don't even come close to making the cut for non radio listening, oddly enough AFI fueled electronica group BlaqAudio makes the cute when I feel like dancing though. (side note: by dance I mean slide my butt back and forth in my seat. Ya know like a dog with a funky itch.) though I can still fake some Juggalo swagger I'm so far outside of the Psychopathic Family it's mind-blowing to ever think I was one of them.
I guess what it all breaks down to is, 30 is as farm from 20 as humanly possible so it's only sensible for tastes to change. What I must recognize is those changes don't mean I'm in any way a different person they I ever was. I'm still the one and only D and the young D is still in me. Oh also recognizing things change with age this will be the last post where I ever make any mention of my quote unquote SWAGGER. Never again shall I type any form of Swagger or Swag. I'm far to mature to speak of the swagga as it's an ignorant word to begin with. As most have retired CRUNK from their vocabulary let me be the first to start the death of SWAGGER.
- a look inside the mind of D -

No comments: