Sunday, March 20, 2011

Just another silly Sunday

Who enjoys working the weekend really? I mean it has its pluses and minuses, but for the most part the entire experience is a negative. Yes its great being off during the week where you can do things out and about in peace, but there is a definite catch of not being able to do so with any friends and family outside of the people you work with who just happen to have the same schedule as you. There is definitely such a thing as too much quality time amongst former strangers ya know.
Honestly the weekend wasn't always a bad time to work. Used to be the time where you felt free to work at your own pace and enjoy the chosen few around you burdened with the same or similar schedule. Then change came. Weekends became as hectic as the regular weekday grind. Just as much work, just as many bosses hovering over your every move, same stress worse days. This I feel must stop. I crave for the days of old. The weekend was my getaway from the insanity of the "regular" work week. That was the only reason I didn't mind losing out on both weekend days, but with things the way they are now I'm happy to become the regular day Joe in order to become a much happier WEEKEND WARRIOR. Now yes I'm not super big on strenuous activity so I won't be mountain biking or off road racing anytime soon; even still I will definitely and happily make time to reconnect with my Mon - Fri 9 to 5 buddies out there given the chance to be free on the weekend. Will this ever happen who knows really. All I know is the utter insanity of the hectic crazy weekend must stop and stop now
THANK YOU Cosmos please hear my cries!!!

OK enough of the bitching, its almost my start of the week/WEEKEND. What to do what to do, if only the rain would resist washing away my plans then I could forever be a much much happier man.

No comments: