Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Whistle while you Work

What does it take to make one truly happy when it comes to how their living is earned? Is it about the cash in your pocket? The love of what you do? Maybe your ultimate goal is to be surrounded by good people and serve the public in a special fulfilling way. 
I suspect its all of the above, sadly I have yet to find that perfect necessary mix for myself. No, instead I go from one dead end to another dead end which are disguised as GOOD JOBS by the simple fact they offer decent medical benefits or vacation time. Benefits and time off DO NOT make a good job. Yes they are lovely perks, but if every minute of every day is a new type of hell then maybe just maybe that isn't the place for you. When management is TOO HARSH or TOO SPINELESS that isn't the place to be. When every coworker is lazy at BEST then maybe that's not the place to be. No matter where you work you must learn to take some bad with the good, but when the goods are far and few between and the bad is a constant stream of crap you have to wade through then that's not the place to be. So do I have the ultimate secret? Do I know how to find employment happiness? Hell to the NO, if I did I'd be happily retired on a beach somewhere already. I suppose starting your own business and being your own boss is the best way to go, but sadly that is a lot trickier then working for THE MAN and frankly the man knows it. Face it people corporate and Non-corporate America has the lowly average worker by the balls (or the clit for the female staffers). 



Nothing left to do but crack open a brew and drink it down for an hour or two

No comments: