Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Come Together Right Now... don't bother me

Well we all wanted to see the world come together, but I doubt any of us truly had this in mind. I'm definitely into this world of social networking and have been so for a long time now. I've had every type of account from Twitter, Facebook, Myspace, Friendster, Livejournal, Yahoo360, and obviously Blogger. The list probably goes on and on if I could remember my early high school days on the Internet. My current favorite has got to be Facebook simply because that's where almost all my friends are. It's very quite entertaining to see all these people from a not so distant past come together and converse and chat and act like no time has passed at all. Of course time has passed and things have changed, we have all lived separate lives and now we find ourselves thrust back together and so frequent we act as nothing has changed nothing has happened we have not grown or aged we still like the same things we all loved together back in the 80s 90s and beyond. Don't get me wrong I love every minute and I adore all these people who have been thrust back into my life. Hell its crazy to see how much people have/haven't changed over the years. Its crazier to think they care or are at least interested in how My life is going. Some friends I had chalked up as lost are now returned to me and for that I praise social networking. Of course some not so great people who pose as grim reminders of shitty times are also returned to my life as well, and for that I damn social networking to hell. Weirdest thing is seeing how many people take these new connections offline. How many out there are planning to attend or have attended reunions with Elementary/Jr High friends? How crazy is that to see? Hey guys lets get together for a 15 year Jr High Reunion! Without places like Facebook or Myspace such a statement would simply be thought as ludicrous, but now these things are being said everyday. With so many different way to connect the question is how is it possible to completely lose touch with those you claim to care about? I mean look at all the different sites created to help people stay in touch. Its hard to see how someone couldn't find you if they truly wanted to. Problem is there are some people that you really don't want to meet up again with in this life, but it would seem you'd have to go completely off grid to avoid them. That's right people big brother is watching and he's bringing a lot of old school baggage with him. Hope you are all prepared for the showdown because thanks to 6 degrees of separation we are all someones annoying past they are trying to escape or at least a link to it. No worries though if I'm somehow the bane of your former existence just fill me in and I'd happily drop you from my lists HA!

No comments: