Friday, June 17, 2011

Sports blog be gone

We bid D's Sports Blog farewell....


It was a good underused run. Let's just be honest I am much less a Sports fan as I'm a FOOTBALL Fan. I casually watch hockey only check in on the NBA during playoff time, and as much as I whole heatedly believe baseball has been and will forever be America's past time. I'm sorry but 9 innings drag on so much longer then 2 halves 3 periods or 4 quarters ever has. I've hit the age where I truly understand all the games, their pasts and the importance they bring, the current players and how they never can measure up to the icons of the past and even the future and how weird and corrupt it will all become. That being said I feel college kids should be able to earn money, but not as a direct relation to their sport. Offseason part time jobs should be legal as long as they can prove standard wage equal to the tasks at hand; that's right no secret bonuses for the star player while the kid struggling through school gets the shaft. Also that being said OFFSEASON should be offseason. No year round camps, you are there to learn. My ass didn't drop out so some kid with athletic potential could burn out with NO DEGREE and NO JOB EXPERIENCE. I mean come on great athlete Johnny got hurt so now with no education and never having to do regular work we expect him to adapt and strive? I think not people. Well as you can see I still have plenty to say about everything sport, but those opinions are what this blog is all about. Why segregate them elsewhere? Figure it would be best to just keep everything together to provide the best picture of exactly who I am. So we bid adieu to dssportsblog.blogspot.com and just enjoy dustinnicholasbutler.blogspot.com
- a look inside the mind of D -

No comments: