Thursday, April 16, 2009

Madden bids ADIEU


It is truly a sad day that we've all seen coming for years. John Madden has stepped away from the announcing booth. He's a legend on the field as a coach in the booth as an announcer and on your favorite gaming systems with the all time best sports gaming franchise PERIOD. The 2009 - 2010 season is going to be incredibly weird without hearing his voice Sunday nights. The last good thing to come from Oakland Madden has vaulted past all things RAIDERS to become all things FOOTBALL. There are plenty of great coaches many with more championships, but he does hold the distinction of having the best Winning Percentage of all NFL coaches.
Now that I've quoted all the crap anyone who reads this would already know its time to get real. I think Madden was fun to listen to. He knows his shit, but you must admit there were plenty of times he did not get his knowledge across smoothly. He was known to babble and what the hell is with the man's love for turkey legs. I refuse to eat any bird with as many legs as a Spider I mean how can you trust that really? "Oh Dustin they just sew the extras on" Oh that makes it so much better? Fucking cadaver splicing is ok with you people? As far as the game i stopped caring in 98 then I became a HUGE fan of the NFL 2k series which I very much miss. I have to admit Madden games are fun and REAL as it can get, but the 2k series was just much more fun to me.
All that aside it's going to be sad to see him go especially because the best replacement they could find was Chris Collinsworth. I don't Hate Collinsworth, but entertainment and knowledge factor he will never be Madden. I think Chris' ultimate downfall is the fact his football experience was being a wide reciever for the damn Bengals. I mean that's like being a kicker for the Lions its a big who gives a rats ass situation. So anyway gonna miss John Madden and I am very interested to see how the season will unfold without him in the booth. I tell you this season is going to be an adventure T.O. in Buffalo, Bengals cutting the cancer, Plax jail bound without a team to support him and the leuding threat of Vicks return and all the angry close minded fans sharpening their claws. ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL???

No comments: