Tuesday, May 17, 2011

For the love of Television

While Jersey lives on others must DIE...


Back in the day I wanted to go into television production like my hero the ultimate badass when it came to producing long and short running teen crap Peter E!. Random I know but the man shaped my suburban teen mind so much (damn you Concord and your young white washed influence HA!). Now others may choose the classic Aaron Spelling or the people who brought us modern REALITY Bunim/Murray, hell you may even cream for the man behind all things E! Ryan Seacrest (how the man goes from being an annoying host to holding producer credit on everything pumped out by a craptastic cable network I will never understand).
Even though my bank account isn't happy I chose not to pursue that life looking at the long list of failing cancelled and canned shows reminds me I made the right choice. Yes I have no fancy title, no extravagant suits, I have never dined with celebrities and I've rocked the same vehicle for the last decade, but my sanity is still intact and that is something that can't be bought. Television is a cruel cold hearted business and I don't believe I have the asshole mentality it would take to make it to the top. Keep in mind if you are not on top in that business you are in for a short run in the industry. So I thank the heavens being a struggling writer held more appeal. I love my daydream fantasy so much more than my alternate reality of popping pills while dealing with network big wigs troublesome actors pompous directors and fickle audiences. So props to all those who try, personally I choose to sit back, watch, and allow the mystery of how it makes it on the magic box in my living room to stay just that A MYSTERY.

No comments: