Thursday, November 6, 2008

Its Been Awhile

Since i Wrote a pointless blog and its Been Awhile since i gave a damn....

Well my friends I'm coming live from post election headquarters and I'm proud to say i survived one bitch ass day so I may endure another, and another, and another one still. Election day is such a fun exciting time for us election technician assistants i tell you. Seeing the whole process unfold from behind the scenes is sort of thrilling.... yet mostly boring once you get past all the unnecessary hype and hoopla.
I personally spent my night on the sidelines outside feeling fucked over by my would be supervisors. Oh well shit happens right all I know is I'm glad that its over and though I will not divulge what I felt about the results I must say this one thing

How the fuck does prop 8 not fail I mean come on. Homophobic or not you have no right to take away anyone elses right to be happy. What next they will be sectioned off from the rest of society in little corners of cities... how about the NO HOMOS signs hung up in front doors of businesses.... I just dont get how California of all places could pass such a step backwards in tolerance. Oh well maybe next time we'll get it right.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Agreed sir. It is unbelievable. To think that we are still discriminating against a minority group. I cant help but think years from now people will look back at our time period the same way we look back at previous time periods when different ethnicities were prohibited from marriage and rights all together.

As a catholic, I'm comfortably safe in saying a good portion of this is due to the churches stance (insert joke here about a priest's stance) on being against homosexuality across the board, not just on marriage. They view it as a sickness and are infecting people out there with their disgusting views - coming from a catholic y'all.